Federal Member for Capricornia Michelle Landry has congratulated all the recipients of Federal Government Grants for Naidoc Week.
“The theme for Naidoc 2021 is Heal Country. It reflects a call for greater protection for lands, waters, sacred sites and cultural heritage from exploitation, desecration and destruction.” Michelle Landry said
The recipients are:
- Mudth-Niyleta Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation of Sarina-$500-Open day this Wednesday, flag raising and free BBQ lunch from 1130am
- Central Queensland Indigenous Development Limited-North Rockhampton-$8600 for various cultural community celebrations and commemorations
- The Hall State School-Rockhampton-$1000 for Naidoc Celebrations at the school
- Gumbi-Gumbi Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Corporation- North Rockhampton-$1000– Heal Country Cultural Feast- 30-year Gumbi-Gumbi Celebration
- Isaac Regional Council Moranbah- $1000 for the Moranbah Naidoc Celebration and March
In the words of Naidoc Chair Yanman Dyanju lets celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Culture and History together.
Ms Landry said “ I urge you to get involved by going to the 2021 Rock Naidoc calendar page on the website https://rocknaidoc.com.au/ or the Rock Naidoc Facebook page.
Naidoc Week runs until the 11th July and I am happy once again as the Federal Member for Capricornia to be a part of the events and congratulate the recipients of Naidoc Grants for 2021.