This round of the Safer Communities Fund gives schools and pre-schools, places of religious worship, community organisations and local councils grants of up to $500,000 for crime prevention initiatives aimed at reducing crime, violence, anti-social behaviour and/or other security risks driven by racial and/or religious intolerance.
There is approximately $10 million available.
Project activities can include the installation of security infrastructure such as:
- fixed or mobile CCTV cameras
- security lighting
- fencing and gates
- external blast walls and windows
- security and alarm systems
- public address systems
- intercoms and swipe access
- security doors.
For registered schools and preschools, project activities can also include employing or hiring security guards, licensed by the relevant state or territory agency.
Grants available are between $10,000 and $500,000. The maximum grant amount per location or school campus is $250,000.
The grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs.
Projects must be completed by 31 March 2024.
What are the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible you must:
have an Australian business number (ABN)
have not previously received a Safer Communities Fund Infrastructure or a Safer Communities Fund Northern Territory Infrastructure grant in earlier rounds, unless:
you are a school or pre-school applying for funding for security guards only, or
you are applying for infrastructure at a different project location/campus to your previous grant.
You must also be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- an Australian local government agency or body as defined in section 14
- an Australian State/Territory Government education agency or body
- a registered school or pre-school that is a legal entity (with its own unique ABN) and that can enter into a grant agreement in its own right
- a legal entity applying on behalf of a registered school or pre-school.
For more information visit the Business.Gov website or call the Rockhampton Electorate office on 07 4922 6604.